This is more of a Tumblr post or something, but whatever – it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want to. (do what I want to, do what I want to…anyone else singing along?) Anyway, when “this could be a day where I post three times!” enters into your mind at any point as a rationale for writing, the subsequent posting of this writing is probably kind of misguided.
But this damn ad just evoked the most disgusted response from me. I saw it in the back of an old New York magazine I was reading over lunch.
Here goes. Brace yourself.
1. Gross and ugly and totally nonsensical (rain boots that CAPTURE all of the rain in a tray-like sole, making your feet especially squishy? no thanks.)
2. If you’re going to cut up rain boots for your stupid ad, do you really have to use $125 Hunter Gloss rain boots, the same ones I’ve been coveting (in violet) for years?
3. I don’t know about you, but I think I’d hesitate about putting my feet in the hands of someone who so clearly has no respect for shoes.
4. I would comment on their lame photoshopping of the tag, but then I went a little crazy with the smudge finger.
5. Apparently they use dull implements at this place, because if you look closely, their hacking off of the toebox is all janky and crooked. Confidence booster.
These are the kinds of things that stick in my head all day. Do with it what you will.